How to Install Bluetooth Driver on Kali Linux 2020 [Full Installation Guide]
Kali Linux 2020.1 and the older one 2019.4 both are not having pre-installed bluetooth drivers. You have to install the bluetooth drivers manually in your kali Linux 2020.1 and 2019.4. This guide will help you to do that. You just need to read and follow the each steps carefully. Leave comment if you’re facing any error.
Before installing bluetooth Driver on Kali Linux
Before installing bluetooth driver you need to check few things first.
- Make sure that you are not having any bluetooth driver. Just search in application menu for bluetooth to check that.
- Make sure you are having proper updated kali linux repository.
- Make sure that you are having latest Kali Linux version.
- You must updated your Linux system regularly.
More blog on Kali Linux Guide
- Learn how to install Kali Linux with windows 10 using dual boot method.
- Install Kali Linux on Virtual Box latest easiest method.
- Steps to install Tor Browser on Kali Linux
- You want to install Google Chrome Browser on Kali Linux. Just click on the here.
How to Install Bluetooth Drivers on Kali Linux [Manually]
After following the above points. You must sure that you’re going to install bluetooth manually. Then follow the below steps discussed.
#step 1. Open the terminal.
#step 2. Get the root or su privilege on the terminal. And type your root password.
[email protected]:~$ su
#step 3. first try the update command.
[email protected]:~# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade
#step 4. after updating the whole distribution. Try the another command to install ‘bluetooth bluez tool‘.
[email protected]:~# apt-get install bluetooth bluez bluez-tools rfkill
#step 5. after installing the above bluetooth bluez tool. try the next command ‘rfkill list‘.
[email protected]:~# rfkill list
#step 6. Then you need to execute a command to unblock the bluetooth.
[email protected]:~# rfkill unblock bluetooth
#step 7. Now your bluetooth has been unblocked and ready to start. But you will still need to execute ;service bluetooth start‘ command and few more commands below.
[email protected]:~# service bluetooth start
#step 8. Now you are just behind the last one step. Which is for installing bluetooth adapter or bluetooth manager. To install Blueman execute the below command.
[email protected]:~# apt-get install blueman
Now congratulations, you have successfully installed the bluetooth adapter as well as bluetooth application in your Kali Linux 2020.